A faceless, nameless assassin. A forgotten past. The Hunter of Voramis--a killer devoid of morals, or something else altogether?
(Blade of the Destroyer--dark fantasy with a look at the underside of human nature).
Please welcome Andy Peloquin, Author of The Last Bucelarii (Book 1): Blade of the Destroyer:
Want to get to know me a bit more? I've listed 20 of my very favorite things below. It will give you a pretty good idea of who I am as a person:
(try to imagine the Sound of Music song "My Favorite Things" playing in the background)
- Hot Wings -- the spicier the better! (think habanero or Scotch Bonnet pepper spicy)
- Comic books -- Marvel over DC, all day long!
- Deadpool -- movie, video game, comic books, pretty much anything and everything!
- Brandon Sanderson's writing -- including the Mistborn series, The Stormlight Archives, and pretty much everything else
- Hamburgers -- there's no such thing as "too much" bacon or Tabasco sauce in a good burger
- The Princess Bride -- I only wish my wife understood what I meant when I say "As you wish…"
- Five Finger Death Punch/Disturbed -- Two metal/rock bands that help me get through writing
- Scott Lynch's writing -- The Gentlemen Bastards series got me interested in writing about assassins, thieves, and criminals
- First-Person Shooter games -- I may not be very good, but they're a whole lot of fun!
- Summer TV -- There's something wonderful about shows like Suits, The Last Ship, Falling Skies, and Strike Back that the regular TV shows don't have.
- Love Actually -- Anyone who doesn't love this movie is silly. It's my Christmas tradition every year.
- Skrillex -- I know it sounds odd, but the driving beats of dubstep help me to write surprisingly well. Not all his songs work, but I'll take him over classical music any day.
- Halestorm -- Lizzi McHale sounds so angry in her songs; so awesome!
- Authentic International cuisine -- Falafel, curry, pad thai, Pho, gyros, yaki soba, tacos, and anything else exotic and new are awesome!
- Comic book TV shows -- Arrow, The Flash, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter, Constantine, The Walking Dead, Daredevil, and anything else based on comic books instantly goes to the top of my "to view" list.
- Barcaloungers -- They make men lazy, but hot damn, they're comfortable!
- Beaches -- I HATE sand with a passion, so my perfect day at the beach involves sitting on the concrete/wooden boardwalk and enjoying the sound of waves. The quieter the beach, the more creative I get.
- Vodka sour -- No sugar, lots of lime, and a strong vodka. The perfect way to relax on the cheap! (I have a VERY high tolerance to alcohol)
- Writing -- I'm a bit of an addict; I suffer if I don't get my 1,000 to 2,000 words per day in.
- Coffee -- Without it, my writing would suffer! But none of this "black, no sugar" nonsense for me. I drink two cups a week, so I want to enjoy it!
That's pretty much everything there is to know about me. I'm a no-nonsense, fun-loving (in my own way) kind of guy.
About the Book:
The Hunter of Voramis is the perfect assassin: ruthless, unrelenting, immortal. Yet he is haunted by lost memories, bonded to a cursed dagger that feeds him power yet denies him peace of mind. Within him rages an unquenchable need for blood and death.
When he accepts a contract to avenge the stolen innocence of a girl, the Hunter becomes the prey. The death of a seemingly random target sends him hurtling toward destruction, yet could his path also lead to the truth of his buried past?
Title: The Last Bucelarii (Book 1): Blade of the Destroyer
Author: Andy Peloquin
Official Launch Date: August 21st, 2015
Publication Date: July 11th, 2015
Paperback Price: $15.99
Digital Price: $3.99
Amazon Kindle: Blade of the Destroyer: The Last Bucelarii: Book 1
Amazon Paperback: Blade of the Destroyer: The Last Bucelarii Book I (Volume 1)
Add to Goodreads:
Meet the Author:
Andy Peloquin--a third culture kid to the core--has loved to read since before he could remember. Sherlock Holmes, the Phantom of the Opera, and Father Brown are just a few of the books that ensnared his imagination as a child.
When he discovered science fiction and fantasy through the pages of writers like Edgar Rice Burroughs, J.R.R Tolkien, and Orson Scott Card, he was immediately hooked and hasn't looked back since.
Andy's first attempt at writing produced In the Days: A Tale of the Forgotten Continent. He has learned from the mistakes he made and used the experience to produce Blade of the Destroyer, a book of which he is very proud.
Reading—and now writing—is his favorite escape, and it provides him an outlet for his innate creativity. He is an artist; words are his palette.
His website (http://www.andypeloquin.com) is a second home for him, a place where he can post his thoughts and feelings--along with reviews of books he finds laying around the internet.
He can also be found on his social media pages, such as:
10 Things You Need to Know About Me:
- Hot wings, ALWAYS!
- I never forget a face, but rarely remember a name.
- I'm a head taller than the average person (I'm 6' 6")
- Marvel > DC
- I was born in Japan, and lived there until the age of 14.
- Selena Gomez and Five Finger Death Punch are both in my playlist.
- Aliens are real, but it's self-centered of us to believe that they would come to visit Earth.
- Watching sports: suck. Playing sports: EPIC!
- I earned a purple belt in Karate/Hapkido/Taekwondo.
- I dislike most Christmas music, aside from Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
"Creative, gritty, and beautifully dark...fantasy addicts will love it!" -- Peter Story, author of Things Grak Hates -- http://peterjstory.com/
"The fantasy world has a compelling new antihero…the Hunter will terrify and captivate you." - Eve A Floriste, author of Fresh Cut
"From the first words on the page this fantasy holds the reader spellbound even after the book is finished…his character is very well-defined even if his past is a mystery. Root for an assassin? Oh, yes, one must!" -- Carol Conley, for InDTale Magazine