Sunday, December 22, 2013

Leigh Evans Countdown to Christmas Book Blitz: Mystwalker Series ~ The Trouble with Fate; The Thing About Weres; The Problem with Promises




Book 1

The Trouble With Fate (Mystwalker #1)
Genre: New Adult, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal
Publisher: St. Martin's Press

Synopsis: 

Meet Hedi Peacock. She's half Fae. Half Were. And all trouble…

I Have Two Words For Werewolves:

My name is Hedi Peacock and I have a secret. I’m not human, and I have the pointy Fae ears and Were inner-bitch to prove it. As fairy tales go, my childhood was damn near perfect, all fur and magic until a werewolf killed my father and the Fae executed my mother. I’ve never forgiven either side. Especially Robson Trowbridge. He was a part-time werewolf, a full-time bastard, and the first and only boy I ever loved. That is, until he became the prime suspect in my father’s death…

Bite Me.

Today I’m a half-breed barista working at a fancy coffee house, living with my loopy Aunt Lou and a temperamental amulet named Merry, and wondering where in the world I’m going in life. A pretty normal existence, considering. But when a pack of Weres decides to kidnap my aunt and force me to steal another amulet, the only one who can help me is the last person I ever thought I’d turn to: Robson Trowbridge. And he’s as annoyingly beautiful as I remember. That’s the trouble with fate: Sometimes it barks. Other times it bites. And the rest of the time it just breaks your heart. Again…


Excerpt:

“Sh*t,” he said. “Your eyes.” 

Instinctively, I slapped my hands back over them. 

“They’re glowing green,” he said in awe. “I can see it right through your fingers.” 

Yes, of course my eyes were glowing green. I’d waited all my life for my first flare – that pivotal moment in life when everything shifts, and you accept the full weight of your destiny. For some Fae of noble birth, it happened when their magical talen kicked into high gear, for others their flare sparked at the sight of the child, the grandchild…their lover. It was that instant in time when you realized your own true thing – the thing you were born to do. I had flared. I’d finally done it, and the bright light beaming from my eyes wasn’t Mum’s cerulean blue, nor even Alpha-dog blue. I lowered my hands. Oh Fae Stars, the inside of the whole car was lit neon green. 

“Only Alphas have the flare,” he said slowly. 

“Well, as it happens, so do Faes, born of royal blood.” I turned to him. “I am Fae. See me flare.” 

As soon as my eyes locked on his, an answering white-blue flame deep within his eyes sparked to life. Wicked light, seductive and abrasive. Yield, it demanded. I stretched my eyes open and held them wide, resisting the gut-deep urge to let my gaze drop before his. 

I’d wasted too many hours coming up with words to describe just what shade of blue his eyes were. Mediterranean blue is how I remembered them. Deep set. Surrounded by a thick ring of stubby black eyelashes. They weren’t Mediterranean blue; they were Trowbridge blue. Right now, they were lit with the Alpha-blue flame of his blood kin, and were beyond my ability to describe. 

A stupid exercise, description. It’s a memory game for a yearning, dreaming heart. It’s something you play, waiting for the light to change, trying to find the right word, as if that would somehow return you to that moment, help you live that feeling again. Maybe one day, I’d go back to finding the right word, but right then, caught in the heart trap of pure feeling, I was only aware of what the blue flame in his eyes meant to me. It was power, it was desire, it was a fight and a promise. 

It was everything. 

Purchase Links:

Amazon

Barnes & Noble



Book 2

The Thing About Weres (Mystwalker #2)
Genres: New Adult, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal
Publisher: St. Martin's Press

Synopsis:

 Love is like a wild animal. It can't be tamed…

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter

In the never-ending saga that is my love-hate relationship with Robson Trowbridge, I, half-Were Hedi Peacock, have had a change of heart. Ever since I shoved Trowbridge through the Gates of Merenwyn, I’ve been the leader of the pack—hard to believe, right? The thing is: I’m half-Fae. So even though my Were side is ready to heed the call of the wild, the other part of me is desperate to take flight. And much as it pains me to admit it, life without Trowbridge is really starting to were me down…

I Am Were, Hear Me Roar.

To make matters worse, the wolves of Creemore want my blood—and the North American Council of Weres wants me dead. So I’m just counting the days until Trowbridge returns from the other realm…and comes to my brave rescue…and becomes my alpha mate. Wishful thinking? Of course it is. But given all the mess I’ve been through already, what’s the harm in doing a little bit of daisy-plucking? Besides, Trowbridge owes me bigtime. A girl can dream.


Excerpt: 

“I don’t need protection from him,” I told my brother, my gaze clinging to Trowbridge’s parted lips. 

“You don’t know what he is,” hissed Lexi. 

“But I know who he is,” I said, touching my Trowbridge’s face. Oh, I recognized him. He was there, under all that wolf and tangled hair, buried deep. A muscle tensed under my finger as I stroked his skin. “He’s Robbie Trowbridge, son of the Alpha of Creemore. He lived in a big yellow house, he drove a Jeep, and he was the most popular guy at St. Hubert’s.” 

The fanwork of lines at the corner of his eyes tightened. 

“Some nights, he’d go sit under the tree on the lookout and play his guitar. He thought he was alone, but he wasn’t.” A spark of a blue comet circled his pupils. I softened my voice, seducing him close with a low whisper, until his mouth was mere inches from mine. So lose. 

Kiss me, Trowbridge. Kiss me. 

“I was there. Whenever I heard that guitar, I’d sneak out of the house and go find myself a hiding spot near the lookout on our ridge, so that I could listen to Robbie Trowbridge play. Sometimes, he’d play for a couple of hours. But other nights he’d only get halfway through a song before he stopped playing. Then he’d just sit there and stare up at the stars. I used to wonder what he was thinking. Even after I was back in my own bed, I’d ask myself. What was Robbie Trowbridge thinking when he looked up into the sky?” 

My words were coaxing him closer, tugging the man hidden inside the wolf nearer, but it wasn’t enough. I’d waited so long. Hoped for so much. 

Mine, mine, mine, crooned my wolf. 

“Trowbridge, what did you see in the stars?” I asked, daring to cup his face. 

The wolf wavered, reluctant to step back. 

Then, because I play dirty, I did what I knew I must. I dropped every barrier I had, and flared the way I’d done the first time for him. For him, for us, I showed him all of me – what I am, what I should be, what I could be – through the pure light spilling from my eyes. Did you try to forget me? my flare asked. I will never let you. He made the smallest inhale, and then the beast was gone. My Trowbridge flared back and gifted me with a beautiful electric-blue light – fire hot, soul bright. 

Our two separate flares flashed across a battlefield not of our making. 

Evermore, you are mine. 

For a moment – how long it was I’ll never be able to define – there was no Trowbridge electric blue, nor Hedi fluorescent green. Our individual flares merged into one, and the room that I remembered as being red turned into the warm blue-green of a sea that knew no turmoil, no current, no wind. 

Evermore, I am yours. 

My flare flickered out on the heels of that vow. His held for another half beat, then it, too, faded. “There you are,” I murmured, looking into his tired eyes. “There’s my Trowbridge.” 

That won me a smile. Slow and small. 

I did that, I thought, cupping his face. I made him smile again. 

“I knew you watched me play my guitar.” His voice was rough. “I knew you were there hiding in those bushes.” 

I shook my head. “Impossible. I was quiet as a mouse.” 

My mate pressed his forehead to mine. “I could smell you.” 

“I don’t have a scent,” I whispered back. 

He thumbed away my tear. “Tell that to some other Were.”

Purchase Links:

Amazon



Book 3

The Problem with Promises (Mystwalker #3)
Genres: New Adult, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal
Publisher: St. Martin's Press


Pre-Order Links:

Amazon

Barnes & Noble


GIVEAWAY:
a Rafflecopter giveaway

About the Author:


Leigh was born in Montreal, Quebec but now lives in Southern Ontario with her husband. She's raised two kids, mothered three dogs, and herded a few cats. Other than that, her life was fairly routine until she hit the age of 50. Some women get tattoos. Leigh decided to write a book. A little tardy, but then again, Mum always said she was a late bloomer.

Book 1 in her Mystwalker series, The Trouble With Fate, was published by St. Martin's Press in December 2012, with book 2, The Thing About Weres, following in July 2013. The third book, The Problem With Promises, will hit shelves in February 2014. The fourth and final Mystwalker book will release in late 2014. The series is also published in the UK by Tor-UK.

Author Links: 





1 comment:

Eva Millien said...

Awesome series! Pick me! Wishing everyone a wonderful and magical holiday season!