Sunday, January 15, 2012

Guest Blog & Review: Dawn Chartier & "Not An Angel" A Poryria Vampire Novel (Book 1)

Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 260 KB
Print Length: 152 pages
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Publisher: Bayou Black Publishing (September 11, 2011)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
Language: English
ASIN: B005MK2PCY
Review Copy Courtesy Of:  Bewitching Book Tours
www.bewitchingbooktours.blogspot.com

I welcome author Dawn Chartier to the blog today and following our conversation, I will review her novel, Not An Angel.

Dawn - Thank you for having me today, Sapphyria. I just read your bio and realized that we could be twins. I love all those authors you mentioned. However, I’ll throw in a couple more authors. Karen M. Moning has this Fae Series, and I love it.

Saph - It's my pleasure to have you hear today. I have some of Karen Moning's books on my To Be Read list....now to just find the time :)

Dawn - And then tonight I met an author who is new for me, Kresley Cole. (Nope hadn’t read her books yet, if you can believe that) I attended her book signing in New Orleans with some friends at the Garden District Book Shop, and Kresley brought along her agent and one of her characters, Lothaire. He’s the hot guy on the cover, except he looks better in person.

Saph - I haven't read any of Kresley Cole's books either.....::makes note to self - add Kresley Cole books to list::

Dawn - I love attending signings where the authors bring their characters with them. Maybe one day when I make the big New York Times, like Kresley, I’ll get my very own Lothaire to take on tours with me. (Not.
Hubby wouldn’t go for that. lol)

Saph - You're not alone; my hubby wouldn't allow such things either. lol

Dawn - I remember my very first writer’s conference (Heather Graham’s), and it was also the first time I met BIG name authors. I ran into Christine Feehan in the bathroom, and it was like this rock star moment. I was
so shy and tongue tied, it was crazy. Christine was so sweet though and I’ll never forget how nice she was.

Saph - I've never been able to attend any type of gathering of authors - one day perhaps. I have, however, gotten to meet Mario Lopez when he was Slater on Saved By The Bell.  I still have his autographed photo somewhere in my momentos from my childhood.  That revelation dates me, doesn't it?!

Dawn - So who is your favorite author? And what character(s) of theirs would you like to meet most? I hope you enjoy the pictures of Kresley Cole’s book signing. Now don’t hate me because I got to touch Lothaire. lol (pictures posted below)

Saph - It's so hard for me to narrow it down to just one favorite author so I'll give you a list.
My ultimate favorite author is Carolyn Keene, author of the Nancy Drew novels.
I love Jana Oliver - author of The Demon Trapper's Daughter series.
I love my newly found indie authors - Amber Scott, Lacey Weatherford, and Belinda Boring.
I love Dawn Chartier - author of Not An Angel and can't wait to read the next in her Poryria Vampire series.

I would love to meet Zhadist from JR Ward's Blackdagger Brotherhood. He's my favorite Brother.
 
Dawn - p.s. My second novel, Diamonds comes out next week with www.sirenbookstrand.com (contemporary erotic romance) and speaking of signings, I’ll be at Fantasy On The Bayou Conference in New Orleans, March 2-4, 2012. www.fantasyonthebayou.blogspot.com (Open to the Public Book signing. Karen M Moning attending conference! Woot!)

Dawn - Have a wonderful day and thanks again for having me!

Saph - It was my pleasure Dawn!  Thank you so much for spending some time with me and my readers.
 
So readers- Who is your favorite author?



   Dawn & Kresley                  Dawn & Lothaire                        Lothaire


Synopsis Courtesy Of Goodreads:


Kira McCoy wants to die. Losing her husband and daughter tragically left her without hope. Now her disturbed brother-in-law will stop at nothing to have her for himself. All she wants is to find peace, but instead finds herself on top of a bridge ready to end her suffering.

Protector of the Poryria, Trace Stuart is called to defend his race or embrace death. Defending humans is not part of the plan, but he cannot stop himself from saving Kira.

Realizing that he shares a special bond with Kira, Trace defies his Queen and rushes into the heart of darkness in order to rescue the woman he loves. Will Kira be able to reach past her own pain to pull them both into the light?

Saph's Review:

After Kira loses her husband and her baby daughter, she finds herself at a bridge wanting to end her life.  She is saved by a mysterious man who also invades her dreams while she heals in the hospital.  Ultimately she realizes that her suicidal thoughts aren't the product of her depression but the manifestation from drugs she is being forced to take.  Her stalker was always jealous of her relationship with her husband (the stalker's brother) and wants Kira for his very own, going at great lengths to get her deemed incompetent and placed under his guardianship.

Trace, her mystery man, has great responsibilities as a Protector of Poryria, and doesn't have the time or heart to protect humans directly.  Until he finds Kira.  Now he will stop at nothing to make sure she is and stays safe.  He finds himself drawn to Kira and falling for her quickly and risking everything, including his safety for her.

This book draws you in and refuses to let you go...making everyday tasks like, oh you know, eating, sleeping, etc. very difficult.  While I managed to do the things that are required of me, putting the book down was pretty difficult.

Kira was a very strong character - her fight and will to survive even though her brother-in-law was a psychopath is admirable.  Her feelings for Trace were sincere and she acknowledged how quickly she formed a bond with a perfect stranger.  That actually does happen in "real life" too.

Trace was also a very strong character - fierce and protecting, he is the perfect alpha male.  He defies everything and everyone for the woman he loves.

Mikal (Mike) - Trace's brother, is a good supporting character.  His bond with Trace is strong.

Jeff - The psycho is just that....psycho.

I found that I was drawn quickly into the worlds of Kira and Trace and enjoyed every minute of the ride.

Please note:  This book contains "adult scenes."

Rating:



1 comment:

Dawn Chartier said...

Sapphyria,
Thank you so much for having me today and the awesome review!
I'm so thrilled you enjoyed Not An Angel, and hope the next one in the series is even better than the first.

Hugs,
Dawn